Today I created my own version of this dish that is simpler than the recipes I found online, many of which have lists of 15 ingredients. Although the coconut milk this recipe calls for is high in saturated fat, this meal is nutritious and healthy in moderation.
So here’s my beef curry recipe; it has less than 10 ingredients and takes about an hour to make:
What you’ll need…
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 small piece of ginger root
- 3 Tsp. curry powder
- Sirloin, cut into chunks (I used about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 1 Tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- Jasmine rice
Follow five easy steps…
- Cut onion into chunks. Peel and finely chop ginger root. Cook both in a large skillet over medium heat until the onion is opaque.
- Add curry powder and stir for 3 minutes. Then add beef and continue to stir until meat is browned.
- Add coconut milk, chopped sweet potatoes, brown sugar, and peanuts.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes over medium heat, or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve over rice.
There you have it! Makes enough to have leftovers throughout the week. You can add peas, carrots, chickpeas, chicken…anything really! Enjoy 🙂